My name is Lydia, I live in beautiful South Norfolk with my hubby Keith, and our pampered pooch, Jazz and we are freelance musicians/teachers.
Having spent the majority of my childhood holidays under canvas here in Blighty and France, I suppose I could be classed as a well seasoned camper. We’ve been motorhoming for the last 6 years, we’ve covered about 40,000 miles in 2 vans, Daisy and Bluebell (retrospectively). In 2015 we embarked on the trip of a lifetime to the USA travelling over 4 weeks from New York to San Fransisco on Amtrak trains.
This blog will document not only our travels in Bluebell (a 2001 plate Autosleeper Ravenna) but also cover our fantastic voyages in Daisy (an F reg Talbot Highwayman) We also have included our non motorhome trips including our American Adventures. In the van, we’ve travelled to the most north westerly point in the UK (the Butt of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides), as far South as the Med and Pisa, as far west as the Welsh coast and as far East as Sheringham and Cromer (granted we are nearly there already..!)
Things you will learn about Keith and I if you can bear my waffling…
1) we are pretty spontaneous (you will learn more abut this in a moment)
2) we have lots of holidays (we are both self employed, and our work is mainly based around the school terms – lucky for us..)
3) I am not lost for words very often… in fact I am a bit of a rambler… sorry about that
4) We name everything… and I mean EVERYTHING!
5) I’m rather keen on taking photos and I go wild for Cath Kidston
6) We love motorhoming, and we think the British Isle is flipping gorgeous. But we have a soft spot for Europe too, and don’t mind partaking in a few glasses of French plonk. Or Italian, if we must!
If you see us on our travels, give us a wave! Or even better… mines a pint!