To us, there is nothing better than finding fresh fish from a local fishmonger or fisherman. On our recent tour of the east coast of Scotland we’ve been lucky to find some very tasty local fish- and this was one of our favourite recipes we cooked. Ready in just 10 mins and easily cooked all fresco, it’s a perfect campsite meal.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 400g of fresh fish. We used 200g smoked haddock and 200g salmon.
- Fresh linguine
- Handful of fresh chives
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Tub of cream cheese
- Half a pack of spinach
- Garlic bread to serve with (optional)
We cooked this using our Cadac Safari Chef 2
- heat some oil in the pan, Slice the garlic and fry for 5 mins.
- Cut the fish into bite sized chunks
- Put the fresh pasta on to cook (follow pack instructions). Don’t drain water away!
- Add fish to garlic and oil
- Zest half of the lemon; the other half cut into wedges
- after 5 mins of fish cooking time, add the water from the cooked pasta, 3/4 of the tub of cream cheese, chives, spinach and lemon zest.
- Squeeze one wedge of lemon into the pan.
- cook for another 5 mins or so and then serve on top of the linguine.