We can’t travel to Scotland and not eat Haggis. One of favourite recipes was inspired by a trip to Loch Ness many years ago where we enjoyed haggis pizza.
Here’s our Campervan recipe for Haggis Pizza adaptated for cooking in our VW T5 Campervan.
- Pre rolled pizza dough (available in most larger supermarkets)
- Haggis – as much as you like!
- Mushrooms – again, as much as you like, we used two good handfuls, and used our sliced!
- A pack of spinach
- 1 Red onion
- Tomato purée (optional- we’ve done with and without)
- Mozzarella – we used one pack (45p) per pizza (we’ve substituted Mozzarella for Scottish cheddar before too)
Use a dinner plate to cut out your circular pizza shape. We used our hands to manipulate the dough a bit thicker than the pre rolled; we like ours Chicago deep pan pie style!
If using tomato purée, spread a layer onto the pizza
Sprinkle red onion on
Add haggis and mushrooms (as much or little as you like)
Fill in gaps with spinach and mozzarella
Carefully transfer into the Remoska. We assembled our pizza on a dinner plate and then carefully slid into the preheated Remoska *
* the second time we made it we loaded the toppings onto the base whilst it was in the Remoska
Bake for around 20-25 mins- you can decided when it’s done by checking on the dough.